Thursday 8 November 2012

Lego Needed!

Dear families,

I am looking for any new or used Lego for the music room. If you have any that you would be willing to donate, please send it with your child to school! I am looking for both the larger and smaller sizes. Now, you're probably wondering, "why would a music teacher want Lego??"

I am always looking for new and effective ways to improve literacy in music. Many wonderful music teachers have posted their ideas online for using Lego to help students understand rhythms and to create music! I am hoping to use Lego for a variety of concepts, including composition, rhythmic literacy and melodic literacy. Below are some of the pictures that have inspired me!











2 comments:

  1. Ashley, this is so cool! What a great idea! I've always wanted to create a visual for stepping up and down, and this is the perfect way foe the children to grasp the concept. I live how you used it to write a melody as well! Bravo! Now.. I've got to go get my Legos out of storage!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative visual for those with that learning style! I love it!

    ReplyDelete